John M'Eachern was born July 7, 18415,6,7 in Scotland and arrived in Canada in 1850.   He married Margaret McLean about 1869 in Londonderry, Colchester Co., Nova Scotia.   Margaret was born April 26, 18463,6,7 in Sydney, Cape Breton Co., Nova Scotia and died December 27, 19063 in Rainy River District.   They resided in Rat Portage, now called Kenora, and had the following children:
- John Angus was born September 16, 18705,6,7 in Londonderry, Colchester Co., NS.   He married Christina, widow Courtney.   Christina was born October 18, 18657 in Ontario
- William M. was born about 18725,6 in New Brunswick
- Allen John was born about 18755,6 in Londonderry, Colchester Co., NS
- Mary A. was born about 18765 in Londonderry, Colchester Co., NS
- Catherine E. was born about 18785,6 in Londonderry, Colchester Co., NS
- Veronica was born April 1, 18825,6,7 in Londonderry, Colchester Co., NS.   She married David Daniel Johnston on December 2, 19082 at Kenora.   He was born about 1884 in Ontario and is employed as a 'switchman' with the railway.
- Sarah was born October 24, 18836,7 in Rat Portage
- Daniel Francis was born April 7, 18856,7,10 in Rat Portage.   He enlisted into the Canadian Over-Seas Expeditionary Force.   He married Kathleen Christie Rochford on October 1, 19212 in Kenora.   Kathleen was born about 18922 in Rat Portage.   Daniel was a Conductor with the railway and resided in Winnipeg, Manitoba.