John M'Eachern was born about 18064 in Isle of Colonsay, Scotland and died August 22, 188413 in Winchester Township.   He came to Canada before 1832.   His wife Catherine McPhail was born about 18093,4 in Scotland and died August 30, 18923 in Dundas Co.   They had the following children:
- Mary was born about 18324 in Winchester and died June 24, 187813.
- Janet was born March 11, 18352,3,4,8,9 in Breadalbane, Glengarry Co. and died April 13, 19113, in Winchester.   She married George Hall on October 13, 1885 in Hallville2.   George was born about 18182,4,5,6,8 in Roxburyshire, Scotland and died May 28, 189313 in Mountain.   George was a widower when he maried.
- Duncan was born about 18363,4 in Winchester and died November 24, 18933,13 in Dundas Co.   Cause of death: Injured by a horse.   He married
- Catherine was born about 18394 in Winchester
- Archibald was born April 18414,9,11 in Winchester and died April 1, 19223 in Winchester Township.   In the 1901 census he is listed as Head of the House and is a 'retired farmer' in Ormond, Winchester Township.   Also in his residence are his two sisters - Laura (Flora) and Margaret.   In the 1911 census he is listed as a "Lodger" in the residence of George Armstrong in Winchester Township
- Laura was born about 18434,9,11 in Canada West (Ontario) and died August 28, 1906 in Winchester.
- Margaret was born about 18454,9,11 in Canada West (Ontario)
- Neil was born about 18464 in Canada West (Ontario) and died June 24, 185513 in Winchester Township.